Certification of Capability in Business Analysis is an accredited professional certification from the International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA) for business analysts. A key component of CCBA is understanding the customer’s needs, creating ideas through practical tasks, and communicating the understanding through presentations or reports.
CCBA is one of the most sought-after certifications for people who want to build a fruitful career in the IT industry. Professionals who acquire a certificate of competency can perform all the tasks that make a company more efficient and generate more ROI.
Benefits of CCBA
The technology of business analysis is continuously changing. It is important to learn new skill sets to stay relevant. A certification program provides a better understanding of the subject and teaches you what it means to be competent in the field. It also provides an entry point for freshers who do not have any direct experience with the field. The broad mix of skills in CCBA certification can be utilized by digital marketing, online advertising professionals, etc.
You can check out this CCBA course which will help you master industry-relevant business analytics skills. CCBA is a business certification program that trains you to tackle complex business problems using in-demand tools. Additionally, you will gain hands-on experience, Harvard case studies, and a capstone project while learning business analytics, modeling, and reporting.
The CCBA certification enhances a business’s credibility. It also helps human resource professionals hire, promote, and secure better professionals for the company. There are many other benefits of CCBA, such as:
- Boosts the value of your CV
- Highlights your profile on online job portals
- Expand your skill sets, giving you more opportunities
- Increase your potential to land a job with a larger company
- Increased opportunities for growth within your career
- Added recognition in the industry
- Built your credibility as an IT professional
However, the benefits of CCBA certification may vary depending on your career goals.
How to get the CCBA certification?
There are many ways to get a CCBA certification. It is easy to make mistakes without a correct understanding of the rules and production process. CCBA certification is offered both online and offline by many companies. Some of the market’s most famous and best-rated companies are Simplilearn, Udemy, Upgrad, Coursera, Intellipat, etc. All these certification providers provide two main types of certification. They are Associate’s level certification and Master’s level certification. Please note that when you apply for master-level certifications, you must have a minimum amount of work experience and previous educational experience.
Apart from the enrollment in a certification course, there are a few things that you might want to take into consideration for CCBA. They are-
- Since CCBA is a business analysis course, the job prospects for the same are across many industries. So before you enroll yourself, shortlist the industry sectors that you might be interested to work in.
- Depending upon your time schedule, you may enroll yourself in a full-time or a part-time course. List down the pros and cons of both the styles and go for the one that suits you the best.
- Many organizations offer the CCBA course in collaboration with premium universities. The universities provide business expertise based on the location of their campuses. Additionally, they focus primarily on local companies. Before enrolling in a course, you must check the university’s affiliation and proceed accordingly.
Guidelines to adhere to or skillsets required to gain CCBA
Once you enroll in the CCBA course and complete it successfully, you can sit for the exam, leading you to your certification. However, you must meet certain criteria to become a business analyst. Here are the guidelines for the skillsets required for CCBAt:
- Undergraduate degree in business or business-related field
- 1-3 years of experience
- 0-3 years of experience and 3 at the highest level for which you can document significant knowledge and skills
- Ability to communicate clearly, express ideas persuasively and demonstrate the ability to work collaboratively with others.
Becoming a CCBA requires passing three exams over several days of testing. An ethics test has 20 questions and takes about 2 hours. A practical exam follows this.
Different types of jobs after CCBA
Knowing your intended career path after completing your certificate program is important because it will help you find the best placement after graduation. Some roles available for graduates after CCBA are research associate, business analyst; business information analyst; researcher, or researcher assistant.
After the master’s CCBA, candidates have many options across industries as business analysts. You can also go into IT management, stay in IT management consulting, or go into HR and recruit people from the outside. You can also consider becoming a professor at an educational institution to teach business analysis and other related courses.
The most common option for you is applying for a job in an IT management consulting firm like Oracle or EDS Consulting Group, where you would work on projects with clients like Dell or HP in charge of their business operations or IT infrastructure.
CCBA certification is one of the most recognized and established business credentials globally. It is a process that requires extensive knowledge of various skills and topics to design, implement, and maintain an effective customer experience. The CCBA Certification was established by the Association For Financial Professionals (AFP) in 2001. The primary mission of this organization is to establish standards for the financial journalism industry. The members are those who have skills in business, economics, and financial reporting. The certificate signifies the proficiency level of a certified journalist’s knowledge on these topics.
The CCBA course from some online platform aligns with the BABOK Guide v3 and provides industry experts as mentors. It also provides extensive experience in helping students master this once very difficult material. This label is being used more frequently in business organizations to ensure that prospective candidates are up-to-date with their skills and knowledge related to the IT function.