The advancement of technology in the field of internet-connected business capabilities and new ways of working are developed which are supported through Artificial Intelligence (AI) and the Internet of Things (IoT) which is why it’s a natural next step for companies to move to cloud computing. In the past decade, since cloud computing first came into the marketplace it has grown into an affordable system that is an essential requirement for businesses of all sizes, large medium, small, and large. The issue is no longer “do I really need cloud computing? ” It’s “Which is the most suitable cloud? ” The more pertinent issue should be “which is the most appropriate cloud for my company?” Microsoft’s Azure cloud migration is among the most requested options for many companies since it provides services like Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Software as a Service (SaaS), and Platform as a Service (PaaS).
Microsoft Azure is among the most secure cloud services because it is constantly improved by Microsoft’s security teams. It is based on its Intelligent Security Graph, a global data, and telemetry security framework. This guarantees data security and consistent performance, even when the resources are increased in size. Cloud migration on Azure is available and beneficial for businesses, as learned from the Azure Certification, that is growing because it is a cloud service that is public.
Moving the data center of a business onto an IaaS platform such as Azure is a significant decision that offers many benefits like increased productivity, business agility, and lower costs.
Benefits of migrating to Microsoft Azure
- Easy scalability
- Lowering the cost of infrastructure
- Globally best security standards for data security standards
- Return on investment high
- Reduction in IT maintenance and management cost
- Pay for the amount you need to
Why should you select Microsoft Azure for your business?
If you’re planning to completely switch to cloud computing or maintain the hybrid technology, Microsoft Azure will easily integrate with your company processes. A few of the reasons you should consider Microsoft Azure for your cloud requirements are :
- Azure is the most reliable IaaS, allowing businesses to outsource their pay-for-what-you-use cloud computing. Microsoft manages security upgrade along with the maintenance and upgrades of IT infrastructure. On-premise servers need to be updated every five years, which can be a huge capital investment. With Azure you can get rid of the huge IT upkeep and maintenance expenses.
- According to some studies, 40% businesses do not fully recover from the effects of disasters that impact their business. Azure Site Recovery provides DRaaS (Disaster Recovery as A Service) to minimize the impact of consequences of disasters.
- Azure offers security to Windows as well as Linux servers Cloud native applications information and secures the security of your IoT environment. Your business is secure from data center and on-premise security attack since Azure is among the most secure and advanced cloud services.
- Azure is an integrated development platform that connects companies that use IoT and Microsoft Office suite for scaling and managing critical business processes. Through Azure Migrate, organizations reduce the risk of failure in integration and enjoy seamless continuity. It has an integrated delivery pipeline, which allows organizations to boost the effectiveness of upgrades to products as well as other changes.
- If you’re looking to move your entire company to cloud, or you prefer to keep an on-premise server for critical business sensitive applications or data, Microsoft Azure can accommodate your needs through the Hybrid Cloud model.
- Azure cloud provides mobility to businesses in a safe space that allows remote access. This could be used for crucial business applications, or data.
- Microsoft Azure is designed to provide business continuity in the case of redundancy of applications. With Azure moving to cloud, businesses don’t have to shoulder the burden of the cost for additional IT personnel or the secondary equipment required for redundancy solutions. They will continue to have access to vital applications.
Understanding what Microsoft Azure migration entails
Microsoft recommends a 4-step migration process .
- Assess – mapping, discovery and evaluation of existing applications
- Migration – Rehost, refactor or redesign existing application to Azure Cloud
- Optimize – study, analyze and invest resources
- Secure as well as manage secure apps and data with Azure’s Secure Data Protection, data security as well as monitoring features.
The following is a summary of what’s happening but the procedure isn’t as simple because there are many aspects to take into account to ensure that Azure is compatible with your goals for business. So, in conjunction together with Microsoft Azure Developers, you will need to develop an Azure strategy to migrate your company. The first step of the process of making a decision is to determine if you’d prefer to migrate all of your data to Azure or keep some important business applications and data on your premises?
Some points to consider prior to Azure migration
- Applications and servers typically also have dependencies that need to be considered prior to the migration. When creating Azure assessments and documents for desig, you can use analysis of networks to identify system activity to identify the required bandwidth for the workloads moving to the cloud.
- Microsoft Azure supports most licenses with its bring-your-own-licensing (BYOL) policy. The Microsoft Azure Developers will help you understand the licensing requirements and how to save money through optimizations.
- If you’re concerned about security and privacy of your data in a cloud-based platform that is public be sure that the data you transfer into the Azure cloud is secured through Azure Information Protection. Another thing to be aware of prior to launching Azure Migrate is the identity management strategy checks and review of the compliance requirements with regard to migrated applications and data.
- In the case of a hybrid solution that uses Azure subnets are used as an extension of what’s visible within, existing monitoring software is able to be utilized. Azure SDK includes an API for diagnostics that provides additional information through events logs, dumps and tracks. It is able to create automated alerts when different events occur. This should be considered during the design process.
- A successful cloud migration strategy will require provisions to maintain the protection of your workload, using recovery and backup solutions. Azure is great for replication of data, and can safeguard production instances running natively using geo-redundant recovery solutions.
Microsoft Azure cloud migration Process
In the initial phase of the on-premise to Azure cloud transfer, you should be clear about the objectives and goals of the transition as mentioned in these Azure interview questions, and have complete executive involvement at each stage. Determine the cost savings of transfer of the on-premise infrastructure to the cloud , and ensure that the stakeholders are informed because they will provide guidance and help with the entire project. Create an inventory that includes all applications that you use, including the both virtual and physical servers operating on premises. This data will aid with mapping the servers to identifying dependencies. It can also assist in deciding which applications should be transferred into the cloud initially, and that will be the basis to an Microsoft Azure migration plan. You can consult Azure Advisor for recommendation for high availability, security, performance, efficiency and costs. It will analyze the current services and suggest ways to enhance the quality of service and help IT departments and business decision makers to identify what areas to concentrate on to improve services and cost reduction.
Rehost is also known as “lift and shift” and in this technique, applications are moved to cloud, without any changes to the existing ones.
Refactoring – sometimes called “repackaging” because it requires changes to the design of applications before they are transferred to the cloud. This helps modernize the programming of applications prior to moving it into the cloud.
Rearchitect: Rearchitecting is more complex and demands more restructuring to enable more modernization options. In this approach, the applications’ code base is changed to create a “resilient and highly scalable and easily deployable.”
Rebuild – according to this strategy in this method, Azure cloud migration, apps are created completely from scratch, using cloud-native technologies. This is the most complicated of the four approaches but Azure can provide “a full development and deployment platform on the cloud.” At this point, the company can integrate advanced technologies like AI and IoT into their applications to leverage the most recent technologies to increase the speed of business operations as well as growth.
After your Azure cloud strategy has been completed and the migration of your existing on-premise environments to Azure has been successfully completed then it’s time to begin optimization. Microsoft Azure gives you the possibility of optimizing every aspect including cloud computing costs as well as business processes. It is possible to use Azure Migrate, an Azure Migrate tool which is installed on the company’s on-premise server. It will perform an assessment of what could be moved to Azure and then highlights the potential compatibility issues and the ways they can be addressed. It is possible to use Azure Cloud Migration tools to perform V2V (Physical to Virtual) or V2V (Virtual to Virtual) migration to Azure. You can also set up a new VM in accordance with the specifications and manually transfer data by using Azure tools for migration. On other server, V2V and P2V are a possibility, or a brand new server may be set up to move applications and data.
4. Manage and secure
In the last phase of the Microsoft Azure migration it’s time to increase security by choosing options from Microsoft’s wide range of security capabilities and services that provide the most advanced cloud security management. There are tools like Azure Security Center and Azure Log Analytics to protect data stored in the cloud and check the health of your cloud. With the right cloud security solution, you will be able to make sure that your cloud environment is secure and functioning at its peak performance.